I make a lot of “surprise meals”: dishes that sound “eh”, but taste “wow!” and leave me feeling fantastic. The idea of pork chops, particularly leftovers, for breakfast, doesn’t inspire me much. One morning, I didn’t have bacon or sausage, but was greeted by another cut of pork in the fridge and thought, “Why not?” The results were amazing!
Breakfast Chicken-Fried Pork Chops with Eggs
1/2 cup almond flour
1 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. sage
1/2 tsp. thyme
1/2 tsp. sea salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
3 tbsp. coconut oil, divided
4 fresh or leftover bone-in pork chops
8 additional eggs
Additional sea salt and pepper
1. In a shallow dish, beat the egg.
2. In a second shallow dish, mix the almond flour and garlic powder, sage, salt, and pepper.
3. Heat 2 tbsp. of the coconut oil in a pan over medium heat.
4. Coat each pork chop in egg, then in the almond flour mixture.
5. Fry the pork chops in the coconut oil until golden brown, 2-3 minutes per side for left overs, and 5-6 minutes per side for fresh chops, or to preferred doneness depending on thickness. (Keep in mind that pork chops cooked medium are both okayed by the USDA and delicious! No more dried out chops from the 80’s!)
6. Melt the last tbsp. of coconut oil in the pan and fry the eggs to desired doneness.
7. Top each chop with two eggs and season with salt and pepper.
8. Dig in and start your morning super satisfied!