These little treats are quick, easy, a real crowd pleaser, and, with the addition of flax seed meal, even provide a little Omega-3 boost!
Makes 24 mini cups
3/4 cup almonds
1/4 cup pecans
1/4 flax seed meal
4 tbsp. coconut oil, melted and divided
2 tbsp. maple syrup
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- In a food processor, begin to process the almonds and pecans. Let it run for several minutes until the nuts become creamy. Add in the flax seed meal, 2 tbsp. of coconut oil, maple syrup, vanilla, cinnamon, and salt and process for another 20-30 seconds.
- Line a mini muffin tin with parchment paper mini muffin liners. Scoop 2 teaspoons of the nut mixture into each liner and press down along the bottom.
- Wash out the work bowl and return it to the base. Process the chocolate chips until they become small, soft lumps. Add the last 2 tbsp. melted oil and continue to process until the mixture is a creamy liquid.
- Pour 1 teaspoon of the chocolate mixture on top of each nut patty.
- Place the entire tray in the freezer for 30 minutes.
Eat them soon after removal from the freezer and store them there, since they will soften quickly at room temperature!